NEWS AND UPDATES
Keep up with all the latest news from PrimeFlight Aviation Services.
- Luis Lastra Joins PrimeFlight as General Manager at SJU
- Southwest Airlines LUVs PrimeFlight Wheelchair Attendants
- PrimeFlight Employees Recognized in JAX for Customer Service
- PrimeFlight Employee Receives MSP Service Professional Award
- PrimeFlight Employee Gets Five Stars For Exceptional Service at Philly International
- EWR Aircraft Cleaners Reunite Passenger with Laptop and iPad
- Hot Off the Presses: PrimeFlight's Ground Services Cover Story in Ground Support Worldwide
- Southwest Airlines Declares PrimeFlight Appreciation Day at JAX
- PrimeFlight Welcomes Airline Industry Veteran as General Manager - SJU
- Airline Employee Thanks PrimeFlight Employee for Above-and-Beyond Service
- Passengers Thank PrimeFlight Employees for Fantastic Service
- PrimeFlight Continues Outstanding Safety Performance
- PrimeFlight Wheelchair Attendants Go the Extra Mile
- Passengers Praise PrimeFlight Wheelchair Services
- PrimeFlight Launches Exterior Aircraft Cleaning Division
Steve Leonard Joins PrimeFlight as Sr. VP Business Development
Steve Leonard has joined PrimeFlight Aviation Services as Senior Vice President of Business Development, according to Mark Marudas, Executive Vice President of PrimeFlight.
"Steve has accrued significant experience in the airline and transportation industries beginning with American Airlines where he managed airport operating groups in Los Angeles and Reno and developed and led large airport hub operations in Dallas-Fort Worth and Nashville", said Marudas. "His experience within the airline industry is as comprehensive and complete as any, with experience in virtually every aspect and competency associated with commercial aviation, both as an airline executive and outside consultant."
In addition to American Airlines, Leonard has worked at America West as Vice President Sales and Distribution, President and COO of Circle International and CEO of Harper Group Transportation, a publicly traded full service logistics company. He led corporate-wide ISO9002 certification and actively reshaped the company through acquisitions and successful mergers. As founder and CEO of Capstan, Inc. he built this international supply chain management ASP to 70 employees and $24 million revenue before merging with a larger competitor.
In 2005, Leonard joined Sabre Airline Solutions Consulting as the Senior Partner for the Americas leading growth through close working relationships with airlines in the US, Canada and Latin America. He also led the company's Air Cargo practice worldwide. He was most recently Senior Vice President for Sabre Travel Network Global Accounts.
Steve has completed public service assignments including Deputy Commissioner Finance for the State of Tennessee and EVP and COO of The University of Tennessee System. He was also founding Vice-Chairman of the University Research Corporation. Leonard served in the US Army and in Vietnam. His undergraduate studies were completed at The University of Tennessee with a BS in Business and Public Administration. He completed his MBA at the University of Dallas with honors.
PrimeFlight is part of SMS Holdings, an American owned company earning annual revenues of more than $300 million, with consistent growth over the past 30 years. PrimeFlight provides aviation services including ramp services, cabin cleaning, baggage handling, passenger assistance and more to airlines across the U.S. The combination of financial strength, distinctive management techniques, world-class service and seasoned field experience make them unique to the industry and a solid business partner.