NEWS AND UPDATES
Keep up with all the latest news from PrimeFlight Aviation Services.
- Commendation from Gary Kelly, CEO of Southwest Airlines
- PrimeFlight Gains ISAGO Certification
- Natalia Starling Joins PrimeFlight as General Manager – GSP
- Luis Lastra Joins PrimeFlight as General Manager at SJU
- Southwest Airlines LUVs PrimeFlight Wheelchair Attendants
- PrimeFlight Employees Recognized in JAX for Customer Service
- PrimeFlight Employee Receives MSP Service Professional Award
- PrimeFlight Employee Gets Five Stars For Exceptional Service at Philly International
- EWR Aircraft Cleaners Reunite Passenger with Laptop and iPad
- Hot Off the Presses: PrimeFlight's Ground Services Cover Story in Ground Support Worldwide
- Southwest Airlines Declares PrimeFlight Appreciation Day at JAX
- PrimeFlight Welcomes Airline Industry Veteran as General Manager - SJU
- Airline Employee Thanks PrimeFlight Employee for Above-and-Beyond Service
- Passengers Thank PrimeFlight Employees for Fantastic Service
- PrimeFlight Continues Outstanding Safety Performance
PrimeFlight Employee Gets Five Stars For Exceptional Service at Philly International
PHILADELPHIA — Acknowledging the importance of providing outstanding service to customers, Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau on September 18th presented Five Star Awards to five employees who each took extraordinary steps to help others in a variety of situations at the Airport.
The workers received the well-deserved recognition in a ceremony in the Airport's International Arrivals Hall. This was the sixth consecutive year the Five Star Awards were presented to employees for their exceptional customer service efforts.
"These employees are each being recognized for demonstrating extraordinary people-centered behavior whether it was in responding compassionately to a person in distress or in carrying out their daily job duties," said Airport CEO Mark Gale. "They are an inspiration to their colleagues in the positive examples they set for excellence in serving our customers."
"Customer service is important in any business, but it takes on even greater significance at a major airport where the daily interaction with a very large clientele presents a variety of challenges as well as opportunities to make a positive impression on the Airport and the City," noted Gale. "The Five Star Awards emphasize the importance of being attentive to our customers' experiences. These employees are the perfect examples of what it means to be aware of what a customer needs and doing something to help them."
Youssouf Berthe, Wheelchair Agent for PrimeFlight was a recipient of the 2012 Five Star Awards for outstanding customer service.
Youssouf Berthe, Wheelchair Agent
As a Prime Flight Aviation Services employee, Youssouf assists passengers with wheelchair service in Terminal A-East. Since Youssouf joined the Prime Flight team in September 2008, the company has received numerous calls and letters commending Youssouf for excellence in his service to passengers and superior work ethic. Youssouf has received accolades from travelers for his care and skill in assisting those with disabilities, for going above and beyond the realm of good customer service, and empathy and compassion in assisting passengers in distress. Youssouf has handled many challenging situations with professionalism, excellence and grace. He has investigated, PHL purchased, carried, called, pulled, ran, forwarded, and even held hands with passengers unable to contain their excitement or sadness who needed some human touch.
Prime Flight believes that Youssouf's "service with pride" attitude makes the airport a better place and leaves travelers and visitors with a positive impression of the airport and the city.